With the onset of the 5th phase of Vande Bharat Mission, The Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India has released the latest guidelines for international travellers arriving in India. Be it for Canada to India flights, or any other international flight to India, these guidelines are to be operational from 8th August, 2020.
Before planning for travel:
- A self-declaration form needs to be submitted on the online portal at www.newdelhiairport.in before 72 hours prior to your travel.
- An undertaking needs to be given on the portal by the travellers that they would take mandatory quarantine for 14 days; 7 days institutional quarantine at their own cost and 7 days home quarantine.
- Only in certain cases, home quarantine for 14 days will be allowed. Pregnancy, death in the family, and serious illness are some of the special cases in which home quarantine for 14 days is allowed. Also, it is permitted for parents with children up to 10 yrs of age.
- If the travellers want some special exemption, they will have to apply to the online portal at least 72 hours prior to boarding. The government’s decision declared will be final.
- Exemption from institutional quarantine can also be attained by providing a negative RT-PCR test report on arriving. This test should be taken within 96 hours before the journey, and the report should be uploaded on the portal.
- A declaration needs to be submitted stating the authenticity of the report otherwise, criminal prosecution can be carried. You will need to show the test report at the entry point of the Indian airport.
Prior to boarding
- Downloading Aarogya Setu app on mobile phones is necessary for all the passengers.
- At the time of boarding, the thermal screening will be carried out and only asymptomatic passengers will be permitted to travel.
- Any passenger reaching India through the land border, he/she will have to undergo the above-mentioned protocol. Only asymptomatic passengers will be allowed to enter India.
- All the precautionary measures shall be undertaken by the airports such as ensuring environmental sanitation and disinfection.
- While boarding, it is advisable to take all safety measures including social distancing.
- Travellers who did not fill the declaration form earlier will have to fill the same in the flight. A copy of the same will be given to the Health and Immigration officials at the airport. Another thing which travellers can do is that they can submit a self-declaration form on the online portal at the arrival airport.
- Announcements should be made about COVID-19 and taking requisite precautionary measures at the airport, during the flight, and during transits.
- Airlines and cabin crew need to assure that all the passengers should wear masks and maintain environmental, respiratory, and hand hygiene.
- Social distancing needs to be maintained while deboarding.
- Thermal screening is compulsory for all passengers. The self-declaration form which is filled online needs to be shown at the airport.
- Passengers who are found symptomatic need to be isolated immediately. They should be taken to the medical facility as soon as possible.
- Once thermal screening is done, passengers who are exempted from institutional quarantine, need to show permission to the State Counters before going through home quarantine for 14 days.
- The rest of the passengers will have to undergo institutional quarantine at the centers arranged by the government.
- Such passengers will have to go through institutional quarantine for 7 days. Then testing will be done as per ICMR protocol.
- In case, the passengers are found to be asymptomatic or having a mild COVID case, then home isolation may be permitted. They can also be isolated in COVID Care Centers.
- Those who have moderate or severe symptoms will be taken to dedicated hospitals or medical centers.
- If the test turns out to be negative, home isolation is advised for 7 days.
- If any symptoms develop later, state or center officials need to be contacted.
These are some of the fresh guidelines issued by the Indian Ministry of Health for international travellers boarding Canada to India flights or any other international flight to India.
Superfares.ca is amongst the most customer-centric flight booking agencies in Canada. We understand the nuances of air travel which helps us to provide the most suited deals that are tailored to your travel itinerary. Our dedicated customer care team works day and night to provide non-stop support to make the air travel experience of our passengers filled with seamless delight.