With the rise in Coronavirus cases in India, constant changes are being made at the airports including the Delhi Airport. Also known as Indira Gandhi International Airport, Delhi Airport has updated quarantine guidelines for the travellers. Be it Canada to India flights or domestic flights to Delhi, passengers will have to undergo 7-day Institutional Quarantine. Here are some more guidelines for the passengers arriving at Delhi Airport.
Guidelines for international passengers
- Passengers landing at Delhi Airport after taking their international flights will have to go through institutional quarantine for 7 days at their own cost, along with 7 days of home quarantine.
- If your end destination is Delhi, you will have to undergo the mandatory health screening which comprises a primary screening by Airport Health Officials (AHO).
- A secondary screening will also be conducted by the Delhi government. Once this is done, you can proceed to the approved quarantine location.
- Passengers with special cases, who want to escape institutional quarantine, are required to fill up an exemption form, and inform the Government officials inside the terminal about the issues that they are facing.
- Pregnant women, people having any specific illness, parents with children less than 10 years, can be considered as an exception.
Apart from international travel, quarantine guidelines are also updated for domestic passengers. Some of the guidelines for domestic passengers are:
- Domestic passengers arriving at Delhi Airport would have to go through thermal screening. This can be done after you claim the baggage and move towards the exit gates.
- Once your flight arrives, the passengers which show no symptoms of the condition will be permitted to leave the airport. However, the passengers will have to undergo home quarantine for 7 days.
- The transit passengers who have further air connectivity will have to undergo mandatory thermal screening at the domestic flight transfer area.
If you need to book Canada to India flights which arrive at Delhi Airport, you will have to follow the above-mentioned guidelines in order to ensure your safety.
Follow all the precautionary measures and have a safe journey! And, for more such updates, stay tuned.
Superfares.ca is amongst the most customer-centric flight booking agencies in Canada. We understand the nuances of air travel which helps us to provide the most suited deals that are tailored to your travel itinerary. Our dedicated customer care team works day and night to provide non-stop support to make the air travel experience of our passengers filled with seamless delight.